I think I wasn't totally clear.  The structure was refined
with the correct cell dimensions and those fractional
coordinates then were converted to orthogonal as the last
step before sending them to the PDB.  Had the depositor
simply sent us the fractional data, we would have changed
them to orthogonal and there would have been no problem.

Instead the depositor used an incorrect matrix to make the
orthogonal data that was sent to us.

The depositor told me that something looked wrong in the
active site graphically and that is how s/he realized that
there was a problem.

I think that this occurred before we did packing analysis
as the letter we sent was short with just the outlier distances
and angles. The depositor would have had to send a new magnetic
tape to us and it was trivial to just do the requisite math
myself.

                Frances

****                Bernstein + Sons
*   *       Information Systems Consultants
****    5 Brewster Lane, Bellport, NY 11713-2803
*   * ***
**** *            Frances C. Bernstein
  *   ***      f...@bernstein-plus-sons.com
 ***     *
  *   *** 1-631-286-1339    FAX: 1-631-286-1999