Dear Bob,

  Many thanks for posting this memory of Ward. It was such a sad shock to learn
of his passing. Like many of the newsgroup readers I remember Ward as an
outstanding colleague and program manager. It was my pleasure to talk with him
regularly as my point of contact for Phenix and ALS-ENABLE funding. I will miss
our calls and his sage advice and generous spirit. He will be greatly missed by
many of us.

  Paul

--
Paul Adams
Division Director, Molecular Biophysics & Integrated Bioimaging, LBL
(http://biosciences.lbl.gov/divisions/mbib)
Principal Investigator, Computational Crystallography Initiative, LBL
(http://cci.lbl.gov)
Vice President for Technology, the Joint BioEnergy Institute
(http://www.jbei.org)
Principal Investigator, ALS-ENABLE, Advanced Light Source
(http://als-enable.lbl.gov)
Division Deputy for Biosciences, Advanced Light Source (https://als.lbl.gov)
Laboratory Research Manager, ENIGMA Science Focus Area (http://enigma.lbl.gov)
Adjunct Professor, Department of Bioengineering, U.C. Berkeley
(http://bioeng.berkeley.edu)
Adjunct Professor, Comparative Biochemistry, U.C. Berkeley
(http://compbiochem.berkeley.edu)

Building 33, Room 250
Building 978, Room 4126
Building 977, Room 180C