Hi

An easy fix is to PCR amplify your low copy number plasmid (modern
polymerases have no issues amplifying up to 20 kB if you have a largeish
vector) and then sequence the product. Alternatively you can amplify just a
portion of interest, of course (you said sequence the plasmid so I went
with your exact request). The spectionmycin trick has already been proposed
- that also works well :)

Now, you also mentioned that you would like to quantify the plasmid - for
that a simple qPCR (or even a carefully tuned regular PCR) will do the
trick, or if you want to go seriously old school you can quantify it by
dilution, transformation, and colony counting against a known standard
plasmid.

Happy new year

Artem