Dear all,

Our next talk is on 21 April 2021 starting at 15:00 UK time. The registration
deadline is 19 April 2021. Details and the registration link can be found at
www.ccpbiosim.ac.uk/thermostability2021.

Title: Accurate in silico prediction of protein thermostability with free
energy perturbation

Speaker: Jianxin Duan

Abstract: Engineering thermostability is critical for the development of
therapeutic proteins and industrial enzymes; not only does it influence protein
activity at a certain temperature but is also associated with aggregation
behaviour related to partial unfolding. Therefore, the ability to accurately
predict the effect of mutations using computational methods represents a
significant opportunity. In this presentation, we show free energy perturbation
is able to predict relative thermostability changes of single point mutations
with a mean-unsigned error of 0.86 kcal/mol across different mutation types.
More importantly, we will discuss the current limitations and possible
solutions.

Best wishes,
Sarah

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named
recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and
Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of
this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient
should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the
attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which
the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses. Opinions, conclusions
or other information in this message and attachments that are not related
directly to UKRI business are solely those of the author and do not represent
the views of UKRI.