Dear colleagues,

this is a gentle reminder that the deadline for application to PhD and Postdoc
positions in my lab at the Novo Nordisk Center for Protein Research (CPR),
University of Copenhagen is approaching on 11 April 2021. Our group has a deep
interest in understanding the biology of human mitochondria with a specific
focus on how these important organelles maintain their DNA and how they produce
functional RNA species. The primary methodological focus will be a combination
of single particle cryo-EM with functional biochemistry. Depending on the
project, it is also an option to implement cryo-electron tomography to
correlate molecular findings with cellular phenotypes .

We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a keen interest in structural
methods and biological mechanisms. The CPR provides state-of-the-art
infrastructure and instrumentation including a Titan Krios and a Glacios both
equipped with Falcon III DED, as well as multiple smaller screening
instruments. In addition, the center entertains a number of core facilities
including protein production, crystallography, biophysics, high performance
computing, mass spectrometry, and genomics. Besides joining an
interdisciplinary, collaborative and supportive environment, the selected
candidate can also profit from soft skill courses run by the CPR or the
University of Copenhagen.

For informal inquiries, please contact me directly:
eva.kum...@cpr.ku.dk<mailto:eva.kum...@cpr.ku.dk>.

Applications, however, will have to be submitted via the online portal under
following links.
Postdoc: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=153651
PhD: https://employment.ku.dk/phd/?show=153662

For further information about the lab and possible projects, please refer to:
https://www.cpr.ku.dk/research/protein-structure-function-program/kummer/

Application deadline is 11 April 2021!

I would appreciate if you could forward this advertisement also to interested
candidates that may not be part of the mailing list. Thank you!

All the best,
Eva

Eva Kummer
Group Leader / Associate Professor
Mitochondrial Genome Maintenance & Gene Expression
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research
University of Copenhagen
Email: eva.kum...@cpr.ku.dk
https://www.cpr.ku.dk/research/protein-structure-function-program/kummer/