If you want to try co-crystallisation again, if you dissolve your ligand in say
DMSO or anything that works, e.g. isopropanol, then add it to your protein up
to its maximum tolerable level (i.e. the level up to which the protein is not
denatured/inactivated by the solvent - you need to test this), the ligand will
start to precipitate out on a grand scale but don't worry, stir the mix at 4°C
for a couple of days so that the ligand can slowly partition into the protein
binding sites, hopefully. Then you can dialyse out the organic solvent and/or
use one of the spin concentrators to remove it and concentrate the protein for
crystallisation. There will be tons of precipitated ligand which you can
centrifuge out whenever necessary.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile