Dear All,

I am working with a protein, the structure of which is already published in
the PDB (2 chains in asu) The published structure has a break of around 20
residues.

I have crystallized the same protein and saw some density near the gap (20
residues break).
I could build 3-4 residues in ChainA and 8 residues in ChainB (in the 20
residue break region). After refinement these showed good density and b
factor.
But the issue is that in ChainA, it goes straight. While in ChainB, the 8
residues converge into a loop and goes to the other side.

The protein is a monomer in solution, is it possible to have different
conformation in different chains that is completely opposite.
Also the 8 residues (ChainB) that is build now occupies the site where
ligand was placed in the published structure. I am not sure how to
interpret this (since in ChainA that site is unoccupied as contrast to
ChainB).

Any thoughts/suggestions will be really helpful.

Thanks you