Happy New Year Everyone! We are recruiting a postdoctoral associate as
described below.

A postdoctoral position is available immediately at Fox Chase Cancer Center
(Philadelphia, PA) for a highly-motivated individual in the field of structural
biology and protein biochemistry.

Our lab aims to understand the molecular mechanisms underlying the signaling
events mediated by integrins, small GTPases, as well as kinases, which have
strong implications in cancer progression, metastasis and other human diseases,
and to translate these knowledge into inhibitor/drug discovery. For this, we
employ a combination of techniques including protein crystallography, electron
microscopy, binding kinetics analysis, functional assays in mammalian cells,
and genetic analysis. Our study will facilitate efforts to discover novel
targets for therapeutic intervention of immune system disorders, tumor
metastasis, and many other related diseases.
(https://www.foxchase.org/people/jinhua-wu.)

The candidate should hold a Ph.D. degree with strong experience in X-ray
crystallography, protein biochemistry, and molecular biology. Prior experiences
in mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, drug screen, and cancer biology, are
desired but not required. Fox Chase Cancer Center is a long-standing
NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center with multidisciplinary research
interests from basic biological sciences to drug development and clinical
studies. The institute is located in a quiet, safe, friendly neighborhood at
the outskirts of the city. It is one of the top-ranked work places for visiting
scholars and postdoctoral researchers. We also offer an outstanding research
environment and strong support for the career development for our scientists.

Please send a cover letter describing previous research experience and future
plans, a current CV, a copy of graduate transcript, and a list of three
references to: jinhua...@fccc.edu.

Selected Recent Publications

Zhang P, Azizi L, Kukkurainen S, Gao T, Baikoghli M, Jacquier MC, Sun Y, Maatta
JAE, Cheng RH, Wehrle-Haller B, Hytonen VP, Wu J. Crystal structure of the
FERM-folded talin head reveals the determinants for integrin binding. Proc Natl
Acad Sci U S A. 2020. Epub 2020/12/09. doi: 10.1073/pnas.2014583117. PubMed
PMID: 33288722.

Kukkurainen S, Azizi L, Zhang P, Jacquier MC, Baikoghli M, von Essen M,
Tuukkanen A, Laitaoja M, Liu X, Rahikainen R, Orlowski A, Janis J, Maatta JAE,
Varjosalo M, Vattulainen I, Rog T, Svergun D, Cheng RH, Wu J, Hytonen VP,
Wehrle-Haller B. The F1 loop of the talin head domain acts as a gatekeeper in
integrin activation and clustering. J Cell Sci. 2020;133(19). Epub 2020/10/14.
doi: 10.1242/jcs.239202. PubMed PMID: 33046605.

Cho EA, Zhang P, Kumar V, Kavalchuk M, Zhang H, Huang Q, Duncan JS, Wu J.
Phosphorylation of RIAM by Src Promotes Integrin Activation by Unmasking the PH
Domain of RIAM. Structure. 2020. Epub 2020/12/05. doi:
10.1016/j.str.2020.11.011. PubMed PMID: 33275877.

Chang YC, Su W, Cho EA, Zhang H, Huang Q, Philips MR, Wu J. Molecular basis for
autoinhibition of RIAM regulated by FAK in integrin activation. Proc Natl Acad
Sci U S A. 2019;116(9):3524-9. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1818880116. PubMed PMID:
30733287; PMCID: PMC6397589.

Best wishes,
Jinhua
—
Jinhua Wu Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Molecular Therapeutics Program
Fox Chase Cancer Center W410
333 Cottman Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19111
215-728-2867 (office)
215-728-3616 (fax)

________________________________

This electronic message is intended to be for the use of the named recipient,
and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. This
communication may contain protected health information (PHI) that is legally
protected from inappropriate disclosure by the Privacy Standards of the Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and relevant Pennsylvania
Laws. You can direct questions concerning PHI or HIPAA to the Corporate
Compliance and Privacy Officer at (215) 707-5605. If you are not the intended
recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, you should notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return
e-mail and delete and destroy all copies of this message.