Dear All,
Sorry to be disturbing you with my new inquiry.
I always got great and trustworthy results using FUGUE (Protein homology
recognition using environment-specific amino acid substitution tables:
https://mizuguchilab.org/fugue/prfsearch.html)  I use an amino acid sequence of
a viral protein of an unknown structure and function and with FUGUE it searches
a structural database and gives very good results. When I use the protein BLAST
for the same amino acid sequence, I may miss or get no results, especially when
the identity is about 25% between the viral protein and the host protein it
mimics . I tested that with a viral protein with known structure, and protein
BLAST was not helpful.
The only issue is that using FUGUE can be time consuming especially if I am
searching for the possible function/structure of 100 viral proteins of one
viral strain, not to mention that the same virus has several strains.What would
be an efficient way to look for host protein mimics?
I would greatly appreciate any suggestion.Thank you in advance.Best
regards,Samer