You are cordially invited to join  the Center for Biomolecular Structure
Lecture Series ………..

Jochen Hub

Universität des Saarlandes

WEDNESDAY, February 16, 13:30 (EST)

"Structure and ensemble refinement against SWAXS data with explicit-solvent MD
simulations"

Register in advance for this meeting:

 https://bnl.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJItc-yvqj4uG9ryjG2Se_JF3fZh5MJQgQc

Abstract:

Small-angle and wide-angle X-ray scattering in solution (SAXS, WAXS, SWAXS) is
an increasingly accurate method for obtaining structural information on
biomolecules and soft-matter complexes in solution. However, the interpretation
of the solution scattering data by computational methods is complicated by (i)
the low information content of the data and (ii) by scattering contributions
from the hydration layer and excluded solvent, leading to a significant risk of
over interpretation upon fitting structural models against SWAXS data.To
overcome such problems, we have developed methods for interpreting SWAXS data
with all-atom explicit-solvent molecular dynamics (MD) simulations. In this
talk we show how  MD simulations aid the interpretation of SWAXS data in
multiple manners: The physical information in atomistic force fields
complements the low information SWAXS data; explicit-solvent MD is used to
predict solvent scattering contributions, and the MD-related sampling methods
may guide the structure refinement against SWAXS data.

==================

Vivian Stojanoff, PhD

Education, Training, Outreach

User Program