One practical point: I had the same experience recently with a structure that
had been worked on by others previously. Refmac was automatically picking up a
data column from some earlier work, unknown to me, rather than the observed
data from XDS and the R-factors were sticking at the values you have. So,
stating the very obvious, sorry, it would be worth double-checking which data
are being used as the refinement target.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile