Dear colleagues,

my group is looking to hire a motivated postdoc with experience in cell
biology, a keen interest in proteomics, and the ability to communicate with
structural biologists.
It would be fantastic if you could forward the ad below to suitable candidates
and/or circulate it within your institutes.

Many thanks for your help and best wishes,
Sonja Lorenz
Independent Group Leader
Ubiquitin Signaling Specificity
Max Planck Institute for Multidisciplinary Sciences
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany

——————————————————————————————————————
Max Planck Institute for Multidisciplinary Sciences, Göttingen/Germany

The Max Planck Institute for Multidisciplinary Sciences in Göttingen is an
internationally leading research institute of exceptional scientific breadth.
The largest institute of the Max Planck Society, it comprises more than 40
research groups and employs around 1,000 people from over 50 nations.

The research group Ubiquitin Signaling Specificity (Dr. Sonja Lorenz) invites
applications for a position as

Postdoc (f/m/d)
– Cell biology of ubiquitin ligase complexes –

Our lab aims to understand how ubiquitin − a single, small protein − achieves
specificity in regulating virtually all aspects of eukaryotic cell biology. A
major key lies in the action of ubiquitin ligases, the most diversified class
of enzymes of the ubiquitin system. The immense potential of ubiquitin ligases
as therapeutic targets is illustrated by the clinical efficacy of thalidomide
and derivatives in the treatment of hematologic malignancies. However, progress
towards rationally manipulating these enzymes has been impeded largely by our
insufficient understanding of their integration into macromolecular complexes
and the associated structural and functional consequences. We aim to identify
and characterize macromolecular complexes of ubiquitin ligases to decipher the
molecular basis of their specificities in substrate recognition and ubiquitin
chain formation. To this end, we combine chemical-biological, biochemical, cell
biological, and structural approaches with a particular focus on cryo-electron
microscopy.

We have a fully-funded postdoc position available for a talented individual to
uncover cellular ubiquitin ligase assemblies implicated in neurodevelopmental
disorders.

Your profile:

You have a PhD or equivalent degree in a relevant subject area, such as cell
and molecular biology, biochemistry or biomedicine.
You have a proven track record in molecular cloning and cell biology,
specifically in one or more of the following techniques: Crispr/Cas9-mediated
gene editing, RNA interference, cell fractionation, co-IP, immunofluorescence,
and live-cell imaging.
Additional experience in neuronal cell culture and/or proteomics will be
beneficial.
You are curiosity-driven and eager to interact with biochemists and structural
biologists.
 You are passionate about science and keen to establish creative new approaches
to tackle challenging protein complexes.
You are self-motivated and independent, and enjoy being part of an
international, multidisciplinary team.

About us:

We are an independent research group at the Max Planck Institute for
Multidisciplinary Sciences, one of Germany’s premier research campuses with
leading-edge infracture in all fields of structural and cell biology. We are a
highly international and interdisciplinary team, funded by the Max Planck
Society, the German Research foundation, and the EMBO YIP. The historic city of
Goettingen, located in the center of Germany, offers great outdoor and cultural
opportunities, a bustling student scene, and an impressive scientific heritage.

Position details:

The position should be filled as soon as possible, but the exact start date is
flexible. The position is initially for 2 years with the possibility of
extension. Payment and benefits are based on the TVöD guidelines.

The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals
with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from
such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Society strives for gender and
diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.

Application:

Please submit your application including cover letter (explaining background
and motivation), CV, transcripts, and publication record by e-mail as a single
PDF file to the email address below. Review of applications will begin
immediate. Informal inquiries are also welcome.

ausschreibung26...@mpibpc.mpg.de <mailto:ausschreibung26...@mpibpc.mpg.de>
Max Planck Institute for Multidisciplinary Sciences
Research Group „Ubiquitin Signaling Specificity“
Dr. Sonja Lorenz
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Göttingen
Germany