Dear colleagues,

We have an open position for a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate in my
group at the European Institute of Chemistry and Biology (IECB) to investigate
the structural basis of the regulation protein kinases and pseudokinases
receptors in human signaling by using cryo-EM and X-ray crystallography.

Applicants must have a Ph.D. (or due to complete within 6 months) in
biochemistry, biophysics, life science or related fields. We are seeking a
person with expertise in protein biochemistry (ideally in membrane protein) and
with knowledge in single-particle electron microscopy (cryo-EM). Previous
experience in protein expression in eukaryotic cells (insect and human) is
preferred but not required.

The position is funded for 2 years, but the candidate is encouraged to apply
for additional postdoctoral funding.

The candidate will join an exciting and multidisciplinary scientific
environment with on-site access to cutting-edge facilities in cryo-EM (housing
a 200kV Arctica equipped with a K2 summit camera and soon to come 200kV
Cryo-electron microscope equipped with an energy filter and last generation
direct detector), X-Ray crystallography, NMR, Biochemistry, Biophysics,
molecular biology and cell biology. The project involved international
collaborations with cell biologists for complementary characterization of
protein function in cell and in mice.

Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, CV and contact information
of 2 references here:
https://emploi.cnrs.fr/Offres/CDD/UMR5248-PIEMAI-001/Default.aspx?lang=EN
<https://emploi.cnrs.fr/Offres/CDD/UMR5248-PIEMAI-001/Default.aspx?lang=EN>

The deadline for the application is May 30th. The starting date for this
position is October 1st.

Example of work that we are developing in the lab:

Posternak G*, Tang X*, Maisonneuve P*, Jin T*, Lavoie H* et al., Functional
characterization of a PROTAC directed against BRAF mutant V600E. Nature
Chemical Biology. 2020 Nov;16(11):1170-1178. *Equal Contribution

Lavoie H*, Sahmi M*, Maisonneuve P* et al., MEK drives BRAF activation through
allosteric control of KSR proteins. Nature. 2018 Feb 22;554(7693):549-553.
*Equal Contribution

Best,

Pierre

Pierre Maisonneuve Ph.D.

Group Leader
UMR 5248 - Chemistry & Biology of Membranes and Nano-Objects
CNRS - Université de Bordeaux

Institut Européen de Chimie et Biologie
Phone: +33(0)5 40 00 35 88
@: p.maisonne...@iecb.u-bordeaux.fr <mailto:p.maisonne...@iecb.u-bordeaux.fr>