From: Eva Kummer
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 8:52 AM
Subject: postdoc and PhD positions in mitochondrial structural and cellular
biology - Center for Protein Research, University of Copenhagen (Kummer)

Dear all,

we are looking for excellent, highly motivated and self-organized postdoctoral
and PhD candidates to join our young group at the Center for Protein Research
at the University of Copenhagen.

The postdoc project aims to investigate how mitochondria maintain the integrity
of their genetic information using molecular cell biology and single particle
cryo-EM. We are specifically looking for someone with significant experience in
mammalian cell culture techniques, purification of recombinantly expressed
proteins and strong proficiency in cryo-electron microscopy (single particle or
cryo-ET).

The PhD project revolves around single particle cryo-EM of mitochondrial gene
expression complexes.

The positions are available from 01 October 2022 or as soon as possible
thereafter.

For more information, please visit:

Postdoc: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=156551

PhD: https://employment.ku.dk/all-vacancies/?show=156567

The Center for Protein Research hosts research groups of different disciplines
ranging from systems biology, proteomics, and chemical biology, to disease
biology. The primary methodological approaches of our laboratory are single
particle cryo-electron microscopy and protein and RNA biochemistry. Our group
profits from generous funding by an NNF-CPR core grant and a Hallas Møller
Emerging Investigator grant from the Novo Nordisk Foundation. We have access to
a fully equipped mammalian and insect cell culture facility in house and
state-of-the-art fluorescence and electron microscopy instrumentation at CPR
and CFIM (Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy at the University of
Copenhagen). In addition, CPR entertains several core facilities including
protein production, crystallography, biophysics, high performance computing,
mass spectrometry, and genomics. You will join a collaborative and
international environment.

Please get in touch for informal inquiries via eva.kum...@cpr.ku.dk

Application deadlines are 14 and 19 June 2022 for postdoc and PhD,
respectively. Application will have to be submitted via the online application
portal of Copenhagen University.

I am looking forward to be hearing from you.
With best wishes,
Eva

Eva Kummer
Group Leader / Associate Professor

University of Copenhagen
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research
Protein Structure and Function Program
Blegdamsvej 3B
2200 København N

<mailto:eva.kum...@cpr.ku.dk>