*Scientist, X-ray Crystallography - San Diego, CA*

Pharmaceuticals

*Job Description *

Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's
Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, X-ray Crystallography,
located in La Jolla, CA!

At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are
working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding
new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires
us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in
it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen
Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical
Companies.

The Discovery Technologies and Molecular Pharmacology group is a dynamic,
diverse and critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen
R&D. We are committed to the discovery and characterization of high-quality
chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical
compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Areas. This mission requires deep
scientific expertise across broad subject areas including chemistry,
cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, screening, protein
science, and structural biology coupled with an ability to work
collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong
legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding and motivated
individual to join our team as Scientist, X-ray Crystallography.

*As the Scientist you will:*

   - Be an active member of drug discovery teams, working closely with
   computational and medicinal chemists on structure-based drug design
   approaches for small molecule agent optimization.
   - Be responsible for crystallization of protein-small molecule
   complexes, determination of high-resolution structures by X-ray
   crystallography and communicating these results to the project team.
   - Work closely with protein scientists, biophysicists, protein NMR and
   cryo-EM scientists as part of an integrated structural biology effort.
   - Contribute to multidisciplinary Fragment-Based Lead Discovery (FBLD)
   efforts.
   - Contribute to enhance the structural biology scientific expertise of
   the group by publishing high-impact research papers, and presenting at
   scientific conferences, internalizing impactful technologies and platforms,
   and establishing academic collaborations.
   - Mentor lab scientists and contribute to the strategic planning of the
   Structural Biology group.

*Qualifications*

   - BS degree with at least 12 years of experience, OR MS degree with at
   least 9 years of experience, OR a Ph.D. or equivalent and postdoctoral
   experience in structural biology (X-ray crystallography, biophysics,
   protein engineering) or related field is required
   - Expertise with crystallography software packages
   (Phenix/CCP4/PyMol/Moe) in a mixed Linux/Windows computational environment
   is required
   - Scientific expertise in structural biology, with strong experience in
   both protein crystallization and structure determination is required
   - Strong record of external publications and presentations is required
   - Outstanding written and oral communication skills are required
   - Experience in Structure-Guided Drug Design utilizing X-ray
   crystallography is preferred
   - Research experience in cryo-electron microscopy (Cryo-EM),
   Micro-electron diffraction (Micro-ED), protein NMR or orthogonal structural
   biology technologies is preferred
   - Research experience with other biophysical techniques such as MST,
   ITC, NMR, DSF, SPR is preferred
   - Broad knowledge of biophysics, biochemistry, molecular pharmacology,
   and protein sciences is preferred.
   - Experience in scientific programming (Unix shells, Python) is preferred
   - Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Oncology,
   Inflammation, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases is
   preferred

Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.

*Primary Location*
United States-California-San Diego-
*Organization*
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
*Job Function*
R&D
*Requisition ID*
2005866689W