Hi

To those using Microsoft Word without a citation manager for writing papers to IUCR journals.

The (IUCr) IUCr Journals Microsoft Word template <https://journals.iucr.org/services/wordstyle.html> to be installed on a PC prior to writing a paper for an IUCR journal does not contain a bibliography style. Of the built in bibliography styles in Word the closest ones are probably "Havard Anglia" or "APA". Both of these truncate the list of authors in a publication after a maximum number has been reached or they have various fields (like date or year) rearranged compared to the style format of bibliographies in IUCR papers.

The workaround I have found is using tools from GitHub - codingo/BibWord: Microsoft Word and Bibliography Styles extender. <https://github.com/codingo/BibWord> Installing these on my PC the closest matching bibliography style to IUCR I found was "Harvard Exeter" Amendments to the maximum number of authors was needed as well as getting rid of title of cited article in the bibliography. This was far easier than trying to hack through any of the built in bibliography styles of Microsoft Word.

For those interested the attached bibliography style is named MyIUCR.XSL, It should go into the folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Bibliography\Style . Once there, Microsoft word will make it available from the "Style" drop-down list on the "References" tab.

Hope this helps someone,

Robert

--
Robert Oeffner, Ph.D.