For info, or more likely amusement, the Mini Map Aide website which I put
together a few months ago for looking at electron density maps, primarily on
mobile devices:

http://minimapai.de

now allows tweaks to be made to individual amino acids and basic regularisation
to be done, so there definitely is no excuse to shrink from building, or at
least tweaking, models. It is still a bit harebrained and I'm not sure how the
results of my geometry minimiser would stand up in any validation tests but,
used cautiously, it seems to give better rmsd's than the 1974 lysozyme models
;-0

Best wishes, Jon Cooper.
jon.b.coo...@protonmail.com

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.