Fully Funded Postdoctoral Position at the NIH

 Molecular Mechanismsof RNA Regulation

National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)

National Institutes of Health (NIH)

Research Triangle Park, North Carolina

 A fully funded postdoctoral position is available in Dr.Traci Hall’s lab at
the NIEHS/NIH in North Carolina. We are looking for peoplewho are excited to
use structural biology to discover how genes are regulatedat the RNA level. We
combine molecular, biochemical, and structural approachesto determine how RNA
regulatory proteins/enzymes select specific targets andwhat happens when they
engage their targets. Better yet, what happens whenmultiple proteins work
together on RNA targets?

 We are seeking a postdoctoral fellow who has demonstratedsuccess in structural
biology (X-ray crystallography, NMR, cryo-electronmicroscopy) or a
biochemist/biophysicist whose background is in RNA biology, enzymology,and
macromolecular complex formation. Please see our recent publications
forexamples of our approaches: MolecularCell 82:4049, Nucleic AcidsResearch
50:536).
We enjoy a stimulating environment, surrounded by interactivecolleagues. Our
group is part of the Epigenetics & Stem Cell BiologyLaboratory, a diverse
department applying different approaches to understandingepigenetic gene
regulation.  In addition,our lab is adjacent to other structural biology
groups, and we shareoutstanding facilities, including crystallization and X-ray
facilities, regularsynchrotron access, and a newly established Cryo-EM Core
Facility.  Furthermore, the Research Triangle area hasvibrant RNA and
structural biology communities. Together these groups provideoutstanding
mentoring, community, and resources.

 Qualifications:

Candidates must possess a Ph.D. degree, strong communicationskills, and
publications that indicate a record of accomplishment. Candidatesmust also have
fewer than five years of prior postdoctoral experience.

 To apply: Please send an email to Traci Hall (ha...@niehs.nih.gov) including

(1)  Coverletter that explains your background and why you want to join our lab

(2)  CVwith publications

(3)  Namesand contact information for three references.

Applications will be reviewed as they are received and untilthe position is
filled.

 Website:  Macromolecular Structure Group - mRNA Stability & Translation

The NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community inits training and
employment programs.