Good morning all,

“Not the Gordon Research Conference” on Diffraction Methods in Structural
Biology 2024 - Experiments and Measurements

Organisers:

Graeme Winter, Kunio Hirata (NTGRC-chairs)

Helena Taberman, Ali Ebrahim (NTGRS-chairs)

Local organisers - Arwen Pearson, Ashwin Chari

As you will have seen from a message from James Holton last year, the GRC have
decided that the 2024 meeting on Diffraction Methods will not be further
supported.

We are not deterred!

A number of the GRC ex-chairs and those nominated for chairing the next meeting
feel that this opportunity for the diffraction methods community to come
together is important enough that it should continue to happen, even without
GRC support. We are therefore delighted to launch the “Not-the-GRC Diffraction
methods in Structural Biology”. The topic of the meeting will be “Experiments
and Measurements” and we have a great lineup of speakers in mind.

Where:

https://www.harnackhaus-berlin.mpg.de/en

When:

21st - 27th July 2024

i.e. about when the next diffraction methods meeting would have been. Starting
with the model of the GRC, since we collectively believe it is a fantastic
meeting, we plan to make a few improvements (better accommodation and
acoustics, fewer minimum attendees to keep the feel of a small meeting) and we
will keep the equivalent of the GRS before the main meeting, as well as the
free afternoons for collaborative discussion, and the strong emphasis on being
able to talk to everyone. We will also keep the focus on new ideas and so
follow the protocol of not recording presentations and encouraging the
presentation of unpublished data and ideas.

With that in mind, this will be a small meeting (100-120 maximum) so there will
be an application process and we will open registration in January 2024. We
also want as many early career people as possible - the last GRC was refreshing
and fun with a lot of new faces, and this is something we want to build on.

So, please hold the date in your calendar and we look forward to sharing the
scientific programme with you in the coming months and seeing many of you in
Berlin next summer.

All the best Graeme, Kunio, Helena, Ali, Arwen and Ashwin

--
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or
privileged material, and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If you