Hi everyone,

My crystal structure contains a ligand and I generated the cif file of the
ligand using phenix.elbow from the smiles file of the ligand. The ligand
was drawn and the smiles file was generated from
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov//edit3/index.html. My problem is that the
double bond (shown in the picture) is longer than the single bond in the
generated elbow pdb file. Although the bond can be recognized correctly in
the Coot (display the correct double bond), the simulation software doesn't
recognize them correctly because of the bond length. In my theory, the
double bond of the ring should be shorter than the single bond, is there
any reason why phenix elbow generate this or any parameters I can set to
overcome this? Thank you for your suggestions.

Ning
[image: image.png]