Registration is open for the SSRL/LCLS User's Meeting, which will be September
24-29, 2023 (https://events.bizzabo.com/SLAC-2023/home). It will be in person
for the first time since 2019. This meeting attracts the lightsource community
to a single scientific event that is inclusive of many disciplines.
Participants learn about current/future facility capabilities and the latest
user research. Of special note is an excellent series of tutorials on the
Sunday designed by graduate students for new users of LCLS or SSRL.  There will
be 33 workshops and a plenary session. In addition, there is a poster session
on Wednesday, September 27th with several poster prizes. Graduate students who
present a poster have their registration fee waived. The poster abstract
submission deadline is September 18th.

In addition to the very popular "Metals in Structural Biology" workshop on
Friday, September 29, I would like to draw attention to the "Computational
Methods in Structural Biology" workshop on Monday, September 25. It is likely
of particular interest to some members of the CCP4BB. We have the following
distinguished set of speakers.

Marcin Wojdyr, Global Phasing
Clemens Vonrhein, Global Phasing
Carmelo Giacovazoo, U of Bari
Lance M. Westerhof, QuantumBio Inc.
Elke De Zitter, IBS, Grenoble, France
Muyuan Chen, Stanford U.
Rachael Kretsch , Stanford U.
Cathy Lawson, RCSB Protein Data Bank

Best regards,

Blaine Mooers and Tzanko Doukov
Co-Chairs of the Computational Methods in Structural Biology  Workshop.