Dear all,

Please see below for a job advertisement posted on behalf of a local company,
SARomics Biostructures (which, as a disclaimer, I have to admit to having
co-founded...)

Best wishes
Derek
Derek Logan
Professor | Biochemistry and Structural Biology
Centre for Molecular Protein Science
Lund University, Box 124, 221 00 Lund, Sweden

SARomics Biostructures is one of the fast-growing biotech companies in Lund. We
strive to accelerate drug discovery through structural insight. Our
international team of over 25 researchers covers the following fields of
expertise: protein engineering, protein production and characterization,
biophysical screening, protein NMR analysis, protein X-ray crystallography,
fragment screening, and computational chemistry. SARomics has built a global
reputation for its structural biology platform and structure-based drug design
skills and is currently supporting mainly international clients in pursuing
their drug discovery objectives. In parallel, the company is pursuing several
internal drug discovery projects to discover leads for new medicines.

We seek highly motivated and skilled X-ray crystallography scientists to expand
and strengthen our teams, which work on protein production and crystallization.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, organized, focused,
service-minded, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and
incorporate new methodologies into their work, and carry out innovative and
high-quality research to answer challenging questions in structural biology.

Successful candidates’ requirement:

  *   Ph.D. in structural biology or related fields
  *   Work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary researchers
and have regular opportunities to present findings to the project team, senior
management, and clients
  *   Have excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills -
fluency in English (spoken and written) is expected
  *   Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to ensure
timely progress in customers' projects
  *   Analyze, document, and report experimental data
  *   Legally authorized to work in Sweden

Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:

  *   Experience in protein crystallization using a wide variety of proteins
  *   Experience in all steps of structure determination (including data
collection and refinement)
  *   An ideal candidate will also have had experience with structure-based
design and drug discovery projects

The successful candidate will get the opportunity:

  *   to join an energetic and enthusiastic international team with a focus on
scientific excellence and teamwork
  *   to evolve in a highly multidisciplinary environment and thus develop new
competencies outside their core expertise
  *   to accelerate discovery through structural insight

Please explore our website to find out what it is like to work at SARomics
Biostructures: http://www.saromics.com/
For specific questions regarding the position, please call Nadia Rose or Martin
Welin (+46 46 26 10 474).

If you are interested in a career with us, please forward a CV/resume and a
cover letter to i...@saromics.com and label your message with the subject “SBX
Career”. We will interview candidates continuously and would therefore like to
receive your application as soon as possible. The application should be in
English.