The idea of "Global Sustainability" can be found in the documents for the noted
projects, so the United Nations "Sustainable Development Goals" appear to be
worth reviewing as background - even though it appears the UN or UNESCO (below)
is irrelevant to them :

“Transformation is the red thread running through all the Sustainable
Development Goals, the United Nations’ agenda for responding to global
challenges facing humanity and the planet. Setting our world on a more
sustainable course requires radical shifts in current development paradigms
that are exacerbating inequalities and imperilling [sic] our common future.
This transition is dependent on new knowledge, research and competences that
only higher education institutions are in a position to provide, rooted in
their historic role of service to society.”
[...]
“In 1964, inspiring the 1968-student revolt a couple of years later, Herbert
Marcuse wrote a key text against “one dimensional man”, urging universities and
campuses around the world to become places that resisted reductionism. ”

Source:

Parr, et. al.

“Knowledge-driven actions: transforming higher education for global
sustainability”

2022
UNESCO
https://doi.org/10.54675/YBTV1653