Hi Martin, Marcin, Arturo, Avinash

First off, I’m **NOT** saying that there’s anything wrong with the CIF files
produced by these routes - just that AlphaFill doesn’t like them (it *does*
like CIFs from AlphaFold -

> alphafill process alphafold.cif filled.cif
> 1DKE             =========-----------------------------------------------  14%

But (while Alphafold models are wonderful, have put us all out of jobs, etc,
etc) they are just a starting point for my project and, for this purpose, no
good in themselves.

Martin, Marcin - gemmi would be a good way to go, but -

> alphafill process new.cif filled.cif
> Structure file does not seem to contain polymers, perhaps
> pdbx_poly_seq_scheme is missing?

> gemmi convert old.pdb gemmi.cif
> alphafill process gemmi.cif filled.cif
> Structure file does not seem to contain polymers, perhaps
> pdbx_poly_seq_scheme is missing?

:-(

Arturo - I’ve never scripted PyMol, but saving as CIF from the graphics
interface -

> alphafill process pymol.cif filled.cif
> Structure file does not seem to contain polymers, perhaps
> pdbx_poly_seq_scheme is missing?

Avinash - Maxit *might* work, but I fell at the first hurdle - although the
help page says

> Note: It is highly recommended to utilize binary distribution,

it’s not obvious where to get this. So I download and try to build from source,
and get (after unpacking and setting ENVs) -

> make
> Warning: this seems to be an unsupported operating system.
>
> Supported systems are:
>   SunOS ...... version 4.1.x and 5.2 or higher
>   Linux ...... any version
>   SGI IRIX ... version 5.3-6.4
> make: *** [Makefile:32: compile] Error 1

which is odd, because this is a new Linux system installed this week

> [hpowell@ld-mjeste3 maxit-v11.100-prod-src]$ more /etc/redhat-release
> Rocky Linux release 9.3 (Blue Onyx)

best wishes all

Harry