If I understand the documentation correctly (https://www.ccp4.ac.uk/html/mtzformat.html), it refers to the symmetry operations as they are stored in the header of the MTZ file. So the source of the MTZ file might make a difference. The safest way of using this data is to follow the header and not some implied order.

HTH,
Robbie