Hi Pat

Depends on how much you want to spend.

I’d start with a web search for “webcam astrophotography”, which should show
options on how to remove a webcam’s lens and mount the cam (not the kens, of
course!) on another optical instrument.

Back in the day, I had a Philips webcam that had a screw-out lens - this device
was used by amateur astronomers as a cheap way into astrophorography. Philips
no longer seem to make webcams, but (from what I remember) this was
plug-and-play, and used the drivers on my Mac.

You could go for a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera - Nikon actually have
their own webcam utility to turn your DSLR/mirrorless into a suitable device,
and this would be most likely to use the SLR mount. E-Bay have Nikon bodies
starting at around $200 today.

Harry