On 18/06/2015 12:50, Christian Gauger-Cosgrove wrote:
On Thursday, 18 June 2015, Jonathan Katz <j...@jonworld.com> wrote:

There is a Postscript doc out there with the DEC "D I G I T A L" logo
in blocks. That may be a start.

http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/200712/ancient_history_the_digital_logo.html

If I recall, isn't the logo "just" Helvetica? I think,  not completely sure.

No, it isn't. About 15 years ago I set out to recreate the necessary letters and digits from the font for one of the PDP-11 sites. With some small experience of font design I quickly realised it's quite different from Helevetica in a number of aspects, and it took me a while to get it right. In fact I'm not sure I got it exactly, but Ned Batchelder did, so I never went back to it. My early attempts at PDP-11 logos are at http://www.dunnington.info/public/PDP-11/ if you want a laugh.

--
Pete

Pete Turnbull