> On Jul 20, 2015, at 18:02 , Tothwolf <tothw...@concentric.net> wrote:
> I replace wax paper types with polyester (mylar), polystyrene or ceramic
> discs, depending on how they are used in the circuit (note however that for
> wound foil types, modern replacement parts do not mark the outside foil,
> which needs to be at ground potential in many tube circuits, otherwise the
> circuit can pick up noise and hum).

Funny that you mentioned that! I just watched a YouTube video today about how
to experimentally determine which lead is connected to the outer foil for
applications where that's important. Modern film caps may have a stripe on one
end, but it doesn't appear to reliably indicate which lead goes to the outer
foil.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <n...@nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/