On 07/22/2015 10:09 PM, Tothwolf wrote:

One example I can give are some Pentium P55C architecture (Socket 7)
systems which I've been running with minimal downtime for ~15 years. The
original power supplies with their original (and relatively low quality)
capacitors lasted about 15 to 17 years (I think the manufacture date
code stamped on the oldest one was 1998) before the systems began to
develop stability issues, requiring me to rebuild the power supplies
with new capacitors. I fully expect that the replacements would last
even longer than 20 years, however I rather doubt I'll be running those
computers by then.

Does anyone have much experience with the so-called "solid electrolyte" electrolytics? Fvor replacing vintage caps, they're probably not a viable choice as they're mostly SMT, but just wondering...

--Chuck