On 08/11/2015 05:27 PM, Josh Dersch wrote:

The issue is that upon reading back a disk that has been written via
the SuperCard, data is fine up until about cylinder 60, at which
point bad sectors start appearing more and more frequently (though
most of the data is still OK).  I tried disabling TG43 just to see if
it made a difference, and it does - with TG43 disabled sectors
written past cylinder 43 read back as garbage.

I'm running short of ideas.  Anyone else have any experience with
this combo?  Any suggestions on troubleshooting tips?

So what does the software do to compensate for bit crowding/shifting when writing to the inner cylinders? That is, what sort of write precompensation does it perform?

--Chuck