On Sat, 22 Aug 2015, Dave G4UGM wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015, Pete Turnbull wrote:
On 22/08/2015 13:50, Tothwolf wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015, Dave G4UGM wrote:

All the techniques discussed so far involve using a "bleach" of some
kind and possibly UV light. Some use other materials so you have a
gell which makes it easier to apply.
From what I have read yellowing usually/often/always re-occurs..

Hydrogen Peroxide, not bleach.

Hydrogen peroxide *is* a bleach, as any chemist can tell you. Never heard of "peroxide blonde"?

I should probably have said a ""peroxide based bleaching agent" as most folks assume "bleach" means "chlorine based bleach" which is not what is being used here. However there are several variations on this theme and several slightly different chemicals have been used as the bleach...

Exactly what I meant. Most will assume chlorine based bleach when someone mentions the term "bleach".