On Wed, 27 Apr 2016, Sean Conner wrote:

It was thus said that the Great Mouse once stated:

What I've often wondered is why there are so many IT people with the
same sort of laments and we haven't all collectively built our own
networks over wireless ?

The crazy patchwork quilt of regulations applying to amateur use of
radio spectrum, is my guess.  Now, I would add the depressingly high
chance of being invaded by the masses if/when we build something big
enough to be useful.  We've already built one network only to have it
invaded and overrun; why would we expect anything different to happen
to the new one?

 Just look into the political machinations of what was known as FidoNet to
see how this could end up.

What IS known as FidoNet (1:138/142 here. :) ) and it's still a political shit-show, mostly due to people from Zone 2. *sigh*

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007