Anyone here on cctalk consider themselves a file systems expert and have
the credentials or job title to vouch for it? If so, then I need to
interview you ASAP today (in the next hour-ish) for a TechRepublic.com
article. Contact me offline: n...@snarc.net.

Not going to discuss the story itself here in public.

Can you be a little more specific?  File systems is quite broad

One of the hard disk standards bodies is working on a new feature (which I'm not going to post here) that would require changes to file systems, otherwise the new feature is academic and useless in the real world. So I am looking for someone with FS chops to comment on whether the changes can reasonably happen. Cannot say more except in private.