On 05/26/2016 06:18 PM, Mike Ross wrote:
It was a few years ago now and it's third hand - but I was told that the US Navy still maintained a shop dedicated exclusively to repairing IBM SLT modules... can't vouch for the veracity of that; perhaps someone else can. http://www.corestore.org
Hmm, I've thought about this a bit. I think one could make up replacement SLT modules with little PC boards and SOT23 transistors and 0805 or 0603 SMT resistors. SLT modules had very little on them, something like 2 transistors and 4 diodes and some resistors.

I was thinking about this in relation to keeping a mid-size 360 running for a few hours a month at a museum, like the 1401 at CHM. But, it would sure work for actual full-time operation, too.

Jon