On 7/1/2016 2:03 PM, Toby Thain wrote:
On 2016-07-01 2:46 PM, Ian Finder wrote:
That was my thought too- color CRTs are where this really mattered- which
is why I mentioned black and white.

I am not overly concerned, someone in the IRC channel I'm in asked and I thought I'd ping. Even then, in a color CRT without any lead shielding, I'd bet the emissions pale in comparison to any kind of real medical X-ray.

Not a very good comparison because one is pointed at your head for months or years and the latter is momentary.

--Toby

The body can handle very low-level, constant radiation. This is self-evident as radiation exists pretty much everywhere naturally -- at a very low level.

It gets problematic either above a certain constand level, or with sudden (or instantaneous) higher doses. Dose over time matters, but there is apparently some cumulative effect as well.

- J.