On 09/16/2016 03:38 PM, Ethan Dicks wrote:
On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Steven M Jones <classic...@crash.com> wrote:
On 09/15/16 22:24, Ethan Dicks wrote:
Hi, All,

I unearthed what appears to be a Tektronix X terminal, marked on the bottom:

MODEL: X221CHT

I'd guess that the human-readable model is probably XP221...

Hi, Steve,

That's a great tip!

However you might find a usable PSU
under eBay #271338697806. Ouch, $80 + S&H.

Nah.  Just going to jam some +5V into the right pins.

Tek made some very nice X terminals, I worked with them in the '91-'94
period.

I've worked with some X terminals, just not these.

There's a Linux how-to for supporting/booting Tek X terminals that
includes the pinouts for the power connection. Good luck with the 16
year old links for software, however...

https://web-docs.gsi.de/~kraemer/COLLECTION/NCD/xp200_linux.html

That's a great document.  Very useful info in it.  Enough to test out
the hardware.  Bummer about the NCD ftp server not answering (unless
ftp is just blocked from where I am, which is possible).

Anyone have a mirror of the old NCD repo?

This might be where the necessary NCBridge stuff ended up:

http://www.thinpathsystems.com/index.php?modules=support&content=patches&pro=ncb

... depending on their definition of "patch". Makes me think of overlays to original software (i.e. the binary equivalent of a source file patch), but maybe it is a complete, self-contained archive of everything that you need on the host side.

cheers

Jules