On 04/10/2016 16:53, Dave Wade wrote:
    Jim mentioned that dedicated microfilm scanners are expensive.
He's not kidding.  Used machines tend to start around $5k USD for a
low end, heavily used scanner.  New machines are generally $30k at the
lowest end.  Flatbed photographic film scanners are much cheaper, but
also slower.  However, with some scripting and tools like the
ImageMagick library, you can scan an entire fiche in one pass, then
slice up the image into individual pages accordingly.

Rod,
I have an old(ish) scanner that will scan negatives. Not sure if it will scan
you Fiche. How big are they?
Dave Wade
Manchester
UK

--Shaun Halstead
     MSI Tech Services, LLC
Thank you for your kind reply
Reader is:
                      MICROFICHE READER MODEL SC01-E
                      SERIAL NO. 4573
                      MAGNIFICATION 42x
                     VISIDYNE INC    BURLINGTON MA USA

UK model (yes I'm in the UK)

                    230 VOLTS AC 50/60Hz .75 AMPS

Only Hi res setting works.
Using my home made but clean fiche holder the few fiches I looked at
seemed OK.
When adjusted for sharp focus the text was clear but a bit small.

--
PDP-8/e PDP-8/f PDP-8/m PDP-8/i
Front Panels ex Stock - Order Now

I have been doing some searching on the web.
There seem to be some Epson (Perfection range) that could scan fiche

Epson Perfection V800 Photo A4 Flatbed Scanner

 * Scans Everything - slides, film, medium format & print
 * Dual Lens System - swaps between 6400dpi (for slides and film) and
   4800dpi (for photos)
 * Removes Imperfections - digital ICE Technologies cleans-up old film
   and photos
 * Dynamic Range - accuratly reproduce tonal range and gradation of the
   original
 * Quick Start - warms-up in less than one second

Suitable for DEC 52x Fiche Scanning ?

Rod