Watch out doing a hard common of the grounds. It may not turn out pretty. Also make sure there is no VCC routed up the cable.

You might well get by with a normal serial DB-9 and some creative cable making if memory serves. At least the 1194 stuff is only 5 signals. Some of the jtag pinouts include break and trigger signals though.