On Wed, 12 Oct 2016, jim stephens wrote:

On 10/12/2016 9:47 PM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
any chance that it could be scanned, then shared that way?

I think this manual should be scanned for posterity but cannot do that.

Something like what is on this page?

Nothing similar there.

the one above is the previous version to the manual I have.  According
to the first page, the single volume Sun-1 System Reference Manual from
July 1982 was replaced by two volumes the User Guide, which I have, and
the Programmer's Reference Manual which I do not have.  The older
manual is probably more useful but this one is expanded (according to
revision page) to include 1/2" and 1/4" tape drives and Fujitsu disk
drives.  I see that the CDC Lark operation is in here, the Sun-1 that
I dealt with had a CDC Lark cartridge unit and I still have some of the
old Lark cartridges and no possible way to read them.

  Richard Loken VE6BSV, Systems Programmer - VMS   : "...underneath those
  Athabasca University                             : tuques we wear, our
  Athabasca, Alberta Canada                        : heads are naked!"
  ** rllo...@telus.net **                         :    - Arthur Black