On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 9:02 AM, F.Ulivi <ful...@tiscali.it> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> does anyone of you happen to have the images of the firmware ROM of
> HP98034 module and/or of the HP9895 disk drive, please?
> I'm working on implementing these devices on my MAME-based simulator of
> HP9845B systems.

Where is the firmware on the 9895A? Is it in a 24-pin DIP package mask
ROM near the lower right corner of this picture?

Hmm, looking in the service manual it appears there were several
versions of the controller board. Some with multiple PROMs and some
with a single ROM, and some with a Z80 and some with an MC2
(micro-CPU, the '2' is a superscript).

I have a 9895A. Don't know which version of the controller PCB it has
without digging it out to take a look.