On 2016-10-17 1:47 PM, Glen Slick wrote:
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 9:02 AM, F.Ulivi <ful...@tiscali.it> wrote:
Hi everyone,

does anyone of you happen to have the images of the firmware ROM of
HP98034 module and/or of the HP9895 disk drive, please?
I'm working on implementing these devices on my MAME-based simulator of
HP9845B systems.

Where is the firmware on the 9895A? Is it in a 24-pin DIP package mask
ROM near the lower right corner of this picture?

http://www.hpmuseum.net/images/09895-66500-26.jpg

Hmm, looking in the service manual it appears there were several
versions of the controller board. Some with multiple PROMs and some
with a single ROM, and some with a Z80 and some with an MC2
(micro-CPU, the '2' is a superscript).

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/hp/disc/07902-90030_7902_9895_Svc_Jan81.pdf

I have a 9895A. Don't know which version of the controller PCB it has
without digging it out to take a look.
Yes that would be it the unpopulated positions would be for versions of the controller using smaller ROMs, The one I have is the 4 ROM version and I am pretty sure I dumped them, I just need to find out where.

Paul.