On 2016-12-23 12:16 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
The BBC Micro, at another quarter or third over the price of a C-64
but with a superb BASIC instead of CBM's abomination, was what the
unfortunate children of very serious, very wealthy people bought. Not
nearly so many games and not very good.

The Acornsoft games were very high quality (hard to distinguish from their arcade inspirations).

But I was mostly interested in programming, so I loved our BBC Micro Model B to bits. A far superior machine to the Apple and Commodores.

--Toby

Whereas the Apple ][ cost more than 2 BBC Micros -- as much as a small