On Mon, 2 Jan 2017, Charles Dickman wrote:
My motivation was for no other reason than to see what the colors
looked like on a web page.

The page shows what DEC used and that was Munsell and/or Ostwald
notation along with one Pantone and a couple paint manufacturers and
colors. That is all documented in DEC Std092. There are many other
color part numbers documented there, but most are references to OEM
customer colors.

Thank you!
That explains the discussion, and makes perfect sense.

I finally got around to looking at your page.  It is superb!

(And, The Red Car is a glorious memory of wonderful times)
It is especially amazing that the red pigment has held up so well!

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com