No, C64's were too limited (8-bit) to do anything video related.

However, video production was actually possible with the Amiga 1000 as you could get the Amiga 1300 Genlock, and the Amiga itself always natively produced composite video ....real true non-linear editing with the computer itself however was really only done with the Toaster Flyer unit (the Video Toaster itself just produced video effects/titling and came bundled with LightWave 3D).

I used to be a Commodore dealer, and the NewTek (Video Toaster) distributor in Canada, so if you need any info hit me up!

Syd Bolton
Personal Computer Museum
http://www.pcmuseum.ca