On 2017-01-23 6:55 PM, Paul Koning wrote:

On Jan 23, 2017, at 3:52 PM, Chuck Guzis <ccl...@sydex.com> wrote:

It's just that I bridle a bit when hearing the young 'uns refer to any
physically large machine as a "supercomputer".

It's the same feeling that I get when I see press releases today that
relate that David Gelernter single-handedly developed the parallel
computation.  He's not old enough; at 61, he was still in high school
during the ILLIAC IV era.

Even earlier...

From what I've read, ENIAC supported parallel computing, but in practice it
wasn't used because it was too hard to get the code right.  At least, that's
what a computer design course from 1948 states.

Has this been scanned anywhere?

--Toby