On 2/28/17 1:17 PM, Ethan Dicks via cctalk wrote:
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:21 AM, allison via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
On 2/28/17 10:55 AM, Jim Brain via cctalk wrote:
I have a cute idea for a cassette port project for the Tandy line of
computers (the ones with the cassette port)....

Why not just go inside and grab the signal at it source before any of the
analog?  it starts life at TTL waveforms (not 5V).
It sounds like he is contemplating a battery-powered tape drive
emulator that plugs on the outside of the machine for users to use
without opening their boxes.  It would then be portable to other
machines.  Sounds like a great idea.
A sound recorder, how novel.  My I phone and androids already do that.
Before that I use tape recorders.
Why are you trying to get to 5V in the first place?
Digital input to the AVR.
Sounds more complicated than need be.

AVR can measure small signals using the A/D and then do a bit of looking for zeo crossing to
detect bit times.

Allison
-ethan