I did mine for never less than 8 hours, although I did occasionally "top up"
with an hour or two if I needed to come back to a tape a couple of days
later. That seemed to fix the tapes that started to stick a bit again after
a while. I think you are right, that it is about thoroughly warming all the
tape, after 8 hours there should be no doubt that it will have percolated
everywhere. 45C isn't that hot, not much hotter than a very hot summer's day
in many parts of the world, so I would expect any cartridge to survive those
temperatures. In fact you prompted me to check, there is a little sheet that
comes with them and it actually says to store them at temperatures no higher
than 45C, I had never checked before!

Regards

Rob