The Mailuefterl (German for "may breeze", an allusion to much bigger US
computers like "Whirlwind" or "Typhoon") was the first fully
transistorized computer in (continental) Europe. It was built at the
Technical University of Vienna (Austria) from 1955 to 1958 by Dr. Heinz
Zemanek and his team. Now the machine does not work any more and can be
seen at the technical museum in Vienna.

In 2007 I wrote an emulator for this pioneering machine as a Java
applet, and now ported it to JavaScript to make it usable again in
modern browsers.

You can try this historical computer as an emulation in your browser at
my site at http://members.aon.at/nkehrer

It contains some original and self-written code snippets to play around
with, and I also shortly described the instruction set of this old machine.

Best regards

Norbert