> On 13 Jul 2017, at 22:46, Eric Smith via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 10:42 AM, William Sudbrink via cctalk <
> cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> If you have the bucks, go for a Pace station with an SX-100 desoldering
>> tool.  40 pin chips
>> fall out like they were never soldered in the first place.
>>

> That's my experience with the Hakko 472D-01. Presumably the FR410-03 would
> work as well or better.

A couple of years ago I bought the UK-branded equivalent of the Zhongdi ZD-915
desoldering station and I can quite honestly say it’s the best thing I’ve
bought for this hobby/obsession. To anyone struggling with solder wick and
manual pumps it’s worth far more in saved time than anything else.

Spares are easy to get from Zhongdi in China and since they make the things
themselves you can get any spare part you need.

—
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs - Celebrating Computing History from 1972 onwards