I had a similar issue many years back (re)importing a pinball machine from
Canada.  It was held in customs for a few hours (they thought it was a
gambling machine) until I casually mentioned that it was built in
Bensonville, IL and say so on the playfield.  No problems after that.

If you're re-importing something that was previously made in the USA then
there are no customs duties.

Marc